The end is near

The end is near

The end is near. No, I’m not saying that because we have a crazy person that might start World War III. I’m talking about the end of the semester is near. Which means we all get a nice three-month summer break where we get to dip our toes into the sand and forget about all academic worries. Or, we get a few weeks off and just barely enough time to clear our heads from the previous semester before we’re thrust into insanely long summer school hours. When all of your classes are three hours already, I think it would be strange for summer school to be any different, and especially not offer an iota of relief because who would want that when we already have to deal with the temperature reaching 100 degrees or more?

I write this post not knowing the future of the blog. For all I know, this could be the last thing I ever write for the CW, and if that’s the case, then I should go out with just oodles and oodles of advice. Such as Jansport backpacks have a lifetime warranty so why wouldn’t you want one of those? That I saw on Facebook once that people with crazy socks are super geniuses so I recommend wearing those, and I’m totally not saying that to make myself feel better. Also remember to drink Coke and not Pepsi, and if it wasn’t obvious enough based off the taste, remember that Pepsi produced one of the most tone-deaf commercials ever, and they should be ashamed. Is there any other advice I could muster up? I did say I’ve been here for almost a decade now. If one is to graduate this semester, make sure that the elephant must be your favorite animal for your lifetime. There’s probably some other valuable lessons tucked in somewhere like in the back of mind, but another part of me thinks I have so much innate knowledge there that it’s only fair to let the collective you figure it out on your own.

I feel it’s strange to myself knowing that I may finally never have another spring semester in my undergraduate career. Sure, there could be more ponderings about why we even call things seasons when it seems the only temperatures are hot and hotter. Eventually at some point I may come the realization that I truly am finally nearing the finish line and have to deal with those emotions. Until then though, I’ll just congratulate the class of 2017. The class that came in a year after I should have already graduated and are managing to graduate before me. I, myself, hope that there is some granny in the mix and by granny, I more mean a 32-year-old woman who’s proud of herself for finally finishing school when she thought all hope was lost because there’s nothing better than me supporting others in similar situations to me while making them older so I feel better. Apparently multiple times in this post I’m finding things to bring up specifically to make myself feel better, except in the end I’m truly proud of anyone and everyone that finishes, no matter their timeline.

Life is a rough, uncompromising disaster that we as humans are forced to navigate with nothing resembling a map and only our wits and the help of others. Some people do better than others, some people make it look easy peasy, yet I think we can all agree that it’s hard for everyone. I know this blog has been a disjointed, disconnected thing all along, and I do apologize for that. I’m just trying to give an introspective look into my own mind, and sometimes I let my own rambles try to dictate that for me. With this potential final piece, it’s even more difficult. Do I go off with a big bravado? Do I thank all the people who I don’t know if they did or didn’t read any of this? It’s very complex. It’s an allegory for life, it’s symbolism, it’s me throwing in big words because I don’t know any better. Either way, anyway, it’s been a fun joy filled write of writing nonsense and hoping it clicks with someone. Now onto a good summer where hopefully you aren’t confined to the barren walls of academia like I am. Go ride on the back of a giant turtle or something.