Ten quotes to get you through finals

Ten quotes to get you through finals

Just around the corner sits warm air and sunny beaches, home and reunions with high school friends and for some exciting internships or studying abroad in a new city. What stands in between us and those desired summer days? FINALS. If only we could fast forward dead week and the dreaded finals, we would find ourselves traveling, relaxing and soaking up the sun. So for now: go grab lunch with your friends who will be miles away from you for a few months. Take a stroll at the river walk or hang out on the quad and enjoy the beautiful scenery we so often take for granted; stay up late and study, study, study!

Here is some motivation to push through our last two weeks:

1. “Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do … So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

2. “Always remember to fall asleep with a dream and wake up with a purpose.” – unknown

3. “Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else’s path unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path and then by all means you should follow that.” – Ellen Degeneres

4. “When I hear somebody sigh, ‘Life is hard,’ I am always tempted to ask, ‘Compared to what?’ ” – Sydney Harris

5. “The road to success is always under construction.” – Lily Tomlin

6. “I’ve done a lot of work to get where I’m at, but I have to keep working.” – Wiz Khalifa

7. “Cause I think we can make it, in fact, I’m sure. And if you fall, stand tall and come back for more.” – Tupac

8. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Suess

9. “School’s out for summer!!!!” – Alice Cooper

10. and for those of us graduating…. “School’s out FOREVER” – Also, Alice Cooper