Five ways to deal with roommate problems

So recently I’ve had yet another issue arise concerning one of my roommates. I won’t go into the details, but I thought it was a valuable enough experience to give you guys some advice on how to handle things when stuff kind of… just… hits the fan.

1. Communication is KEY. 

Yes, you may not want to address issues with the roomie because sometimes we all like to be a little passive aggressive, but getting things out there will solve problems QUICKER.

2. This kind of adds to #1, but don’t let your feelings fester.

Spit them out, hash it out, etc.

3. Be as open as possible. 

Try and connect with your roomie and when things go bad, and try and still keep a connection if at all possible. We’re all just humans in this world.

4. Compromise when necessary. 

You don’t want to make matters worse, so to lessen the tension just try and compromise about cleaning or other oddities around the house. Nobody wants to give in to the other person, but if you do want things to work out, it’s worth a shot.

5. If it comes down to it, you might just have to do something drastic. Sometimes it just absolutely can’t workout between people, and you need to move out. Unfortunately, not everyone can get along for extended periods of time. At the end of the day, you have to do what is best for you.

Short and sweet this week, but it is unreal how much I have going on. Training for the opening of Metro Diner, homework, tests, dance rehearsals and a stubborn puggle on my hands. We’re almost to the end of the semester, y’all. ROLL TIDE!