Feeling cruddy? Advice on how to stay healthy during the changing weather

We all know that the weather changing around here has been…well...gross. I don’t know about you guys, but it’s pretty much made me feel like crud.

Alabama is known for its tricky weather and instantaneous changes in the temperature. We basically had three days of winter, and then all of a sudden we had summer. Excuse me? Alabama, please keep your chill (no pun intended.)

So, here’s my advice on how to take care of yourself during these weird weather periods.

1. Stay hydrated. 

If you’re not staying hydrated, it’s harder for your body to fight off possible sickness. Trust me, I’ve learned the hard way. DRINK WATER, Y’ALL.

2. As much as you don’t want to...try and eat better. 

The greasy foods are all fun and games until your body starts to feel even ickier than normal with the sickness going around. For awhile I had pizza at least once a day (maybe twice), and when the weather changed I immediately started getting sicker. Coincidence? I think not.

3. Exercise is important. 

As a dance major, I can vouch for this. Keeping your body moving can help prevent the sickness from attacking you. Stay away, cough monsters!

4. Wash your hands. Just do it.

If you do happen to get sick with the change of weather, heres a list of things I find fun and beneficial to my brain while I try and wait out the sickness: read a book, binge that Netflix show youve been dying to watch, discover new music and cuddle a dog! If none of that suits your fancy, you could just sleep. I don’t know about you, but I do enjoy my sleep time.

While this blog post was short and sweet, I hope to give you guys more beneficial advice in the future. 

So for now,  ROLL TIDE to not being sick!