Alabama loses first game of the season in high-stakes Iron BowlBy Cody Estremera and Matthew Speakman | 11/25/2017 7:21pm
No. 1 Alabama lost its first game of the season in a high-stakes Iron Bowl, 26-14, against No. 6 Auburn. With the win, Auburn will advance to the SEC Championship to take on Georgia. Alabama falls to 11-1 on the season. It is the team’s first loss to Auburn since 2013.
Moment of the game
Jarrett Stidham scrambles for a 16-yard touchdown to put Auburn up 26-14 in the fourth quarter.
Offensive player of the game
Matthew Speakman- Jalen Hurts
Cody Estremera- Josh Jacobs
Defensive player of the game
Matthew Speakman- Dylan Moses
Cody Estremera- Minkah Fiztpatrick
- Alabama’s consecutive scoring streak came to an end after the first quarter.
- Auburn’s first touchdown came off a jump pass from running back Kerryon Johnson to Nate Craig-Myers.
- Alabama answered with a 36-yard touchdown reception by freshman wide receiver Jerry Jeudy.
- Both teams forced fumbles in the first quarter. After scrambling for four yards, Jalen Hurts was stripped, for his first fumble of the year, at the Alabama 44-yard line. After driving 40 yards, quarterback Jarrett Stidham mishandled the snap. Alabama recovered on its own nine-yard line,
- Alabama started the second half off fast. The Crimson Tide ran the ball 67 yards capped off by a 21-yard run by Bo Scarbrough to take a 14-10 lead.
- Auburn retook the lead with a one-yard run by Kerryon Johnson.
- Auburn took a 12-points lead in the fourth quarter with a 16-yard touchdown run from Jarrett Stidham.