Alabama dominates Mercer from start to finishBy Cody Estremera and Matthew Speakman | 11/18/2017 3:19pm
Alabama moved to 11-0 with a win over FCS opponent Mercer.
No. 1 Alabama dominated Mercer, 56-0, to remain undefeated. The win sets up a winner-take-all Iron Bowl with Auburn next weekend. Jalen Hurts had 180 yards and three touchdowns. He did not throw an incompletion in the game.
Moment of the game
Jalen Hurts fools Mercer with a nice pump fake, then finds Calvin Ridley wide open for a 66-yard touchdown to put Alabama up 28-0 in the second quarter.
Offensive player of the game
Matthew Speakman- Jalen Hurts
Cody Estremera- Calvin Ridley
Defensive player of the game
Matthew Speakman- Dylan Moses
Cody Estremera- Dylan Moses
Fan players of the game (Determined by a twitter poll)
Offense- Josh Jacobs
Defense- Dylan Moses
- It only took 3:33 for Alabama to find the endzone. Jalen Hurts found Irv Smith from eight yards out, for Smith’s third touchdown of the season.
- Josh Jacobs marched Alabama down the field on its second drive. The sophomore gained 62 of the 65 yards, before true freshman Najee Harris scored his third career touchdown from three yards out.
- Jalen Hurts was replaced by Tua Tagovailoa early in the second quarter. Hurts finished 7-of-7 with 180 yards and three touchdowns. He also ran for 30 yards on two attempts.
- Alabama scored touchdowns on its first five possessions of the game.
- Freshman Dylan Moses had a dominant game in his first start. Moses finished with 11 tackles (10 solo tackles) and four tackles for loss. He also had a timely interception when Mercer made it to the red zone.
- Tua Tagovailoa had 85 yards and three touchdowns in relief of Jalen Hurts.
- Alabama only had one penalty for five yards.