Pumpkin, spice and everything nice: 7 fall drinks to try in TuscaloosaBy Logan Doctson | 10/09/2017 10:53am
Fall is officially in full swing which means the weather is changing, but it also means that pumpkin spice is prevalent yet again. The pumpkin spice latte is the drink we all love to hate, but many coffee spots offer more than orange-tinted beverages. Coffee shops now have all your favorite seasonal drinks back in stock. Here’s a list of seasonal drinks that you can find here in Tuscaloosa.
1. O'Henry’s Coffee Shop’s Cinnamon Maple Spice Latte- Who doesn’t love a hot cinnamon flavored coffee? Cinnamon is always around as the weather turns cooler. O'Henry's offers a drink that tastes like liquid snickerdoodle. Head to the downtown spot before winter comes.
2. O'Henry’s Coffee Shop’s Apple Cider- A favorite fall fruit is apples, which is why apple cider is one of the most well known drinks during fall and winter. You can’t go wrong with an apple flavored drink that is spicy and tart.
3. Monarch Espresso Bar’s S’mores Latte- This warm drink has the taste of your favorite campfire snack. There is so much to love about a drink with marshmallow and graham cracker toppings.
4. Monarch Espresso Bar’s Pumpkin Sage Latte- A mix of garden sage and pumpkin spice flavors creates a spicy warm drink that is perfect for the fall season.
5. Starbucks’ Maple Pecan Latte- Starbucks is well known for many of their drinks, especially their seasonal drinks. Every year, Starbucks lovers across the world wait for Starbucks to release their seasonal drink menu. This year, Starbucks released the Maple Pecan Latte, a combination of maple syrup and brown butter.
6. Starbucks’ Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino- Although this is a cold drink rather than a hot one, the Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino is still delicious to drink during the fall season. A sweet drink blended with mocha sauce and toffee nut syrup, drizzled with caramel sauce is a must have when the fall weather is a little bit warmer.
7. Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte with Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream- Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte is perhaps one of their most popular drinks despite its seasonal nature. This year, Starbucks’ has added Pumpkin Spice Whipped cream on their lattes. The Whipped Cream is made with pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, clove and nutmeg.