Alabama wins 11th game in a row against TennesseeBy Cody Estremera and Matthew Speakman | 10/21/2017 7:17pm
Alabama continued its winning streak against Tennessee on Saturday.
No. 1 Alabama continued its winning streak over Tennessee with a 45-7 win over the Volunteers. The Crimson Tide’s defense was locked in all day, allowing just 101 yards, while the offense put up 604. The streak is now up to 11 games, all of which came under head coach Nick Saban.
Moment of the game
After allowing Tennessee to get inside the 10 yard line, Mack Wilson intercepted Jarrett Guarantano to put the icing on the cake for Alabama's win over Tennessee.
Offensive Player of the Game
Matthew Speakman- Irv Smith Jr.
Cody Estremera- Bo Scarbrough
Defensive Player of the Game
Matthew Speakman- Rashaan Evans
Cody Estremera- Levi Wallace
Fan Players of the Game (determined by a Twitter poll)
Offense- Damien Harris
Defense- Rashaan Evans
- Just like it has for six straight weeks, Alabama scored its first touchdown of the game off a run. This time by Bo Scarbrough scored from one-yard out on fourth down.
- Linebacker Rashaan Evans left the game early in the first quarter with an injury. He returned on the next series.
- Wide receiver Cam Sims got up slow after dropping a deep pass. He left the medical tent and rejoined the offensive huddle a couple plays later.
- Calvin Ridley recorded his 200th reception in the start of the second half. He finished with eight catches and 82 yards.
- Irv Smith Jr. caught his third pass of the game, and scored Alabama’s first second half touchdown. The touchdown was Smith’s first career touchdown.
- Tua Tagovailoa’s pass was intercepted and returned 97 yards for Tennessee’s first touchdown.