Tailgate treats: A guide to game day favoritesBy Logan Doctson | 09/21/2017 10:21pm
Many factors play a role in making Alabama Football Gamedays so special. One of the activities that fans look forward to the most is eating. Food is always a great way to bring people together. Whether you are tailgating or at a restaurant, here are 10 foods perfect for game days.
1. Buffalo Chicken Dip- This dip has been a tailgate classic for many years. What’s not to love about a combination of hot sauce, ranch and cream cheese?
2. Hamburger sliders- Hamburger sliders are perfect for a gameday because of how filling they are. Put whatever toppings you want on your mini hamburger to make it to your satisfaction.
3. Pigs in a Blanket- Pigs in a blanket is a favorite food at every special event. The best part about eating this tasty snack is that you don’t have to worry about spilling on your outfit!
4. Artichoke Dip- Warm Artichoke dip and toasted bread is always a delicious treat. Especially when game days begin to get colder during the fall; this snack will be useful.
5. Wings- Eating wings on a game day is practically a must. If you’re eating with a big crowd order or make wings because there’s a flavor for anyone. A few of the most popular flavors are honey barbeque, mild and spicy.
6. Salsa, Guacamole and Queso- This trio is perfect to eat on any day, but especially Gameday. It’s so easy to make or buy and always a crowd favorite.
7. Nachos- Nachos can be served as a snack or a meal depending on how hungry you are. Additionally, you can make your nachos as simple or elaborate as you want with toppings.
8. Rotel Dip- There is nothing like hot rotel dip out of a crock pot. This cheesy dip is a great substitute for queso.
9. Vegetables and ranch- An array of vegetables on a platter and ranch as a dipping sauce is a simple, healthy Gameday snack. You can use any vegetables you want like carrots, broccoli, tomatoes and cauliflower.
10. Bean Dip- There are so many different recipes for bean dip. First, decide whether you want your dip hot or cold. Lastly, pick your favorite beans and some vegetables to go along with it and you’re good to go!