Alabama practices for the last time before A DayBy Molly Catherine Walsh | 04/20/2017 5:39pm
The Alabama Crimson Tide practiced outside in the heat on the Mal Moore practice field. Outside the entrance, HaHa Clinton-Dix's red Porsche was double-booted and ticketed for being parked directly outside the entrance to the practice field.
- Outside linebackers coach Tosh Lupoi ran drills with players such as linebacker Christian Miller and Anfernee Jennings, Lupoi wanted the players to hit the bags at such a low level that it felt as if they were going to fall over. Lupoi wanted players to "dip", "over-extend" and "lean into the other players body" when they hit.
- Alabama head coach Nick Saban ran drills with players such as wide receiver Chris Herring and wide receiver Calvin Ridley. At the blow of a whistle the players took a few quick steps to the left and then cut to the right as quickly as possible. This drill was short-lived and Saban was watching likely watching for agility and focus.
- Defensive line coach Karl Dunbar worked with players such as defensive lineman Da'Shawn Hand, Joshua Frazier and O.J. Smith on hitting drills aimed at maximizing frame and power on hits.
- Quarterback Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa threw passes with new offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Brian Daboll, who chased Hurts and Tagovailoa himself in order to put them under pressure when they had the ball in hand.
- Saban watched over a scrimmage-like drill with offense and defense while Hurts played quarterback.