Media Planning Board names Elizabeth Elkin next editor-in-chief

Elizabeth Elkin

On Feb. 22, the Media Planning Board announced Elizabeth Elkin as the editor-in-chief of The Crimson White for the 2017-2018 school year. 

Elkin, a junior majoring in journalism, said this position has been one she's been working towards for a while. 

"I was relieved because I have wanted to apply to be editor-in-chief for over a year now," Elkin said. "I've had a vague idea of what my plan would be for a long time. I was absolutely thrilled by the prospect of getting to bring that plan to life."

Peyton Shepard, a senior majoring in journalism and current editor-in-chief, said she was extremely proud of Elkin.

"I have known Elizabeth for the past two years, and we worked very closely with each other when I was managing editor, and she was news editor, and now she has served as my managing editor during my year as editor-in-chief," she said.

Elkin said she wants The Crimson White to be the number one news source for The University of Alabama and the organization means a lot to her. 

"The Crimson White means everything to me, and I don't say that lightly," she said. "I've been here since my first month of freshman year. For me, this experience has given everything – it's taught me everything I know about journalism, and I'm so grateful for that. As editor, I want to give back to the organization that has given so much to me."