Roth wins SGA presidencyBy Elizabeth Elkin | 03/01/2016 10:16pm
2016-17 SGA president Lillian Roth is informed of her winning election on March 1, 2016. CW | Savannah Kelly
Lillian Roth, a rising junior political science major from Montgomery, Alabama, was elected the next University of Alabama SGA president for the 2016-2017 term, read the unofficial elections results, emailed to The Crimson White by Kelli Knox-Hall, staff member of the Elections Board.
According to the email, 13,751 votes were cast in the election. Roth received 7,408, of those votes, 53.87 percent.
Voter turnout was down from last year's 14,931, when Elliot Spillers became the first independent president since the 1980s.
View Full Gallery
OTHER EXECUTIVE OFFICES:
- Executive vice president: Ben Leake
- Vice president for academic affairs: Emily Cerrina
- Vice president for external affairs: Alli Selman
- Vice president for financial affairs: Jordan Forrest
- Vice president for student affairs: Dalton Beasley
- Executive secretary: Claire Parker
Senate results will be announced shortly.