Quick Reaction: Alabama 87, Trevecca Nazarene 65By Sean Landry | 11/06/2015 10:40pm
Avery Johnson made his collegiate coaching debut when the Crimson Tide hosted Trevecca Nazarene on Friday night. The long-awaited return to the sideline for the former NBA champion ended in an 87-65 win.
- Alabama's point total surpassed every regulation total for the Crimson Tide last season. The season high for Alabama in regulation in 2014-15 came in a 97-84 loss to Xavier. The highest total mark came in a 93-91 overtime loss to Arkansas
- Alabama's pace of play was dramatically faster than last season, with all but a few shots coming before 17 seconds had gone of the shot clock. Johnson said he was unsatisfied with pace of play, however, rating it a 5 on a scale of 10.
- Alabama dominated on the boards, 45-24. Johnson credited his bench unit's ability to contain the offense, retaining the right matchups on the boards.
- Junior Shannon Hale led all scorers with 18, his highest total since scoring 27 his freshman year.
- Alabama will host Kennesaw State in its season opener next Friday at 7:30 p.m. in Coleman Coliseum.
This post will be updated