PRACTICE REPORT: Basketball preps for Kennesaw StateBy Sean Landry | 11/12/2015 4:53pm
Alabama's wings practice baseline screens before Kennesaw State
The Alabama basketball team practiced in Coleman Coliseum before Friday night's season opener against Kennesaw State.
- The viewing period saw the team split into bigs (power forwards and centers) and wings (guards and small forwards), working on individual drills and finishing at the basket.
- The wings spent a significant amount of time working on baseline screens ending in corner threes and elbow jumpers. Justin Coleman made nearly all of his shots, with one shot rimming out.
- The bigs spent most of their practice period working on pick-and-rolls with finishes at the rim.
- Jimmie Taylor limped out of practice during the viewing session with an apparent ankle injury. Taylor is one of two confirmed starters, along with shooting guard Retin Obasohan
- The game, the first of the Avery Johnson Era, will tip-off at 7:30 p.m and will be streamable on SECNetwork+